Friday 18 April 2014

不愉快ですよ、先輩…


Just a short one for now, but lets be real here for a sec' - if we're going to talk about maji fuyukai anime, this one aint' one of them!



When I first saw 境界の彼方, I knew I would love it, but then when I actually went to watch it, something was holding me back. I don't know why, but it was almost a struggle to finish! Maybe in some way it was a bit boring, or I couldn't connect with the characters fully... but if you ask me if its a boring anime, or if they characters are bland or unrelateable I'll vehemently deny it! Who knows >_<! Maybe its just one of "those" things~

In any case, I finished it. It was awesome. Nuff' said!

But seriously, it was pretty great - for all the pussyfoot-romance we've gotten out of KyoAni lately, with Chuunibyou (I can't be the ONLY one who thought he should have been with Shichimiya from the start!) and Tamako Market, Kyoukai no Kanata brought the feels pretty hard! There was a pretty decent buildup to the romance, and while it wasn't a major part of the story or source of drama, it mattered. It made sense. It was natural, and helped bring the characters together, and pushed it over the top at the end!

The ending was a pretty cold drop off, especially when they opened multiple cosco-sized-extra-value-third-world-country-extended-family-pack-sized cans of worms, but I'd chalk that up to light novel cliffhangers, dealt with in the next volume.... I hope it wasn't something like KyoAni cutting key plot points to save time or budget or anything... But in any case. Season two! Get on it!

Until that day comes:


No comments:

Post a Comment