Monday 18 January 2016

明日へ向かう - Uchiha Kagami: A tribute to anime

So Naruto Crisis 3.0 - its a thing! Early on I knew my problem with forum-based RPGs was two-fold: finding the time to actually "do" it, and keeping the motivation to make time to do it. 

So in order to combat that problem, I decided that whatever character I made, had to be everything I ever wanted. Hilariously overblown, yes, but entirely factual. She needed to be the ultimate waifu, the ultimate combat-character, with the coolest attacks, the coolest looking poses, the most homage to everything that's ever been done thats super-ultra-cool. I think you get the picture.

And thus, Uchiha Kagami was born~



Things off the top of my head that I want to reference...
Kill la Kill
Gurren Lagann
Dragon Ball
Gunbuster/Daibuster
Evangelion
Fate/Everything

And pretty much every other awesome anime/animation trope out there. Ambitious, I know, but who can deny how awesome that sounds?

So before we dive into all the little working parts that go into such a lovingly-created-frankenstein-monster, lets look at something thats crept to the forefront of my mind.

I can't shake the pulse-pounding-burning-awesomeness that is Obari Masami


He's responsible for the Obari Punch and the Obari Pose and just being a mecha-animator-god. Somehow, somehow, his name will creep into Kagami's character... I'm looking at you Ko-Chi.


No comments:

Post a Comment