Wednesday 12 March 2014


So I had the good fortune to stumble upon this little jewel of a game! Part Visual Novel, part Princess Simulator, ALL Game of Thrones! Oh and did I mention magical girls? Long Live the Queen's got it all!

It might not win any awards for its dialogue or innovative gameplay, but its art-style is well defined and its well positioned towards its target audience (me x_x).

A more thorough review of the game forthcoming, but for the time being, let me say that there are few things more satisfying than seeing Elodie stare down an enraged nobleman and incinerate him with magic before he can even swing his sword! Dat Mahou Shoujo, I'm telling you!

my biggest regret is already having beaten it! Only one of the many many many routes mind you, but I want more! It'd be a shame to waste such a cute princess/tactician/magical girl/weapons master/whatever-else-you-want-her-to-be! Hmmmm....

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely give it a try! Maybe sometime 19th to 21st, or of course after or in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll really like it - its kind of half story and half min/maxing, being very much a skill sim game. You get to raise 2 skills per week and then an event happens, and then you get to do something else before the next week starts and it repeats. Very basic in nature, but there are a TON of skills and a TON of variations and skill checks a la D&D, and tons of ways to die haha, so much time spent thinking and planning as well as enjoying the fun and engaging story.

    Not the longest game, but since it has so much replay value, that's not a terrible thing. making a game of this level doesn't seem particularly difficult, more time consuming, but totally doable I'd say!

    ReplyDelete